As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Erigeron karvinskianus 'Profusion' Mexican Fleabane RHS AGMcountrygardenuk.com
- Sow direct April to July. Grows to 25-30cm tall x 30 cm wide 10-12 inches tall x 1 foot wide. Do not cover seeds as they need light to germinate. Sow seeds indoors in february-april. Profusion has blooms which open white then change to pink as they mature.
Once plants are established they are hardy all year round to minus 15°C. Plant out after the last frosts from may onwards.
Erigeron is lovely in containers and terracotta pots and is the perfect plant to soften garden steps, walls and paving. One packet of seeds to grow erigeron karvinskianus 'Profusion'. Hardy perennial.
Thank you! countrygardenuk. Com. Allow seedlings to grow until well established then pot up into containers or terracotta pots or plant out from May onwards. If you would like more seed sowing and growing information please see our website shop & resources page. These pretty plants usually have flowers at all stages of development and all shades of pink and white.
Erigeron Karvinskianus ‘Mexican Fleabane’ Perennial Daisy X 5 Plug Plants for Potting onGROWTANICAL
- All plants come with an aphA registered plant passport. Sent with growtanical's Plug Planting Guide. Giving buyers confidence that our plants are authentic and healthy.
Matt forming perennials to 15cm in height. Hardy to H5. Great for garden edging, Coastal, Rock, Cottage and Gravel Gardens. Flowering may to october with white daisy like blooms that turn pink then purple as they mature giving the impression of 3 colours of flowers.
Erigeron karvinskianus ‘mexican Fleabane’ Perennial Daisy X 5 Plug Plants for potting on, See photos. Bees and butterflies love them so they make a wonderful addition to a wildlife garden.
Hayloft Erigeron karvinskianus|Mexican Fleabane| 3 x 9cmHayloft
- Groundcover -beautiful little flower that offers excellent groundcover for those border gaps. Growing - this wonderful flower will take root in walls and crevices or trail over containers. Attractive- Adored by bees and butterflies.
All that we ask is that you let us know how we can improve for future orders. No quibble - if for any reason you are not delighted with your purchase, please do not worry as we are always happy to replace or refund the cost of your plants. Flower - gorgeous white, pink then purple flowers as the blooms mature.
4. Ballyrobert Gardens
Hardy Perennial Plant, a Garden Tested, Mexican Fleabane, Erigeron karvinskianusBallyrobert Gardens
- Shrubs like Philadelphus and Kolkwitzia also pair well. Cultivar flowers can be white, depending on the species. Colonised the concrete terraces of the football stadium Estadio_Azteca built for the Mexico 1970 World Cup! Erigeron need to be in well drained sunny areas - they type of soil doesn't matter as long as it is reasonably well drained.
Position: full sun, partial shade soil: almost any soil, may, october, august, july, rocks flowers: april, september, june, but not in wet areas!, november other features: bees and butterflies, Royal Horticultural Society Award of Garden Merit RHS AGM Hardiness: H5 - Hardy in most places throughout the UK even in severe winters -15 to -10°C Habit: Mat forming Foliage: Deciduous Height: 15 - 25 cm 0.5
5 - 1 ft spread: 30 - 60 cm 1 - 2 ft Time to full growth: 2 to 5 years. Butterflies love them. Thus, it has gained the RHS AGM. The wonderful plant is best grown in crevices in walls or paving, where it rapidly spreads to provide a carpet of flowers for months and months.
Try them with fuchsia, put them into a rock garden, Leucanthemum, Helianthemum and other daisies. About this genus: erigeron is quite a large genus, fleabane, is shared with related plants in several other genera. As a member of the daisy family, blue or pink in color and are produced in profusion for 1-2 months in the summer or autumn, the flowers unsurprisingly daisy like. About this cultivar: erigeron karvinskianus is cultivated for its daisy-like blooms, and is often confused with the closely related true daisy Bellis.
5. Sycamore Trading
Mexican Daisy or Mexican Fleabane, ERIGERON karvinskianus by Sycamore Trading. Commonly Known as Fleabane but is Also Sometimes Called Spanish DaisySycamore Trading
- Royal horticultural Society Award of Garden Merit AGM. Masses of small daisy like flowers emerge white with yellow centres before turning pinkish-purple giving the entire plant an unusual two-tone appearance.
Flowering from may until october it is adored by butterflies and bees making it a wonderful addition to the wildlife garden as well. A charming, mat forming perennial plant, native to Mexico but now established all over the world.
Amazingly versatile, erigeron karvinskianus is low growing, happy in full sun or partial shade, tolerant of coastal conditions but does need well drained soil.
Stunning when used to creep down the sides of stone or brick steps or tucked into wall crevices and allowed to spill over or scattered in the cracks between paving stones but equally as effective when used as an edging plant in a mixed border or along-side paths and can also find use in a gravel garden.